My mum and K. both opted out of pottery today, so I had the task of finishing painting the underglaze on all their work. That took about 1.5 hours! And then I could go back to working on Max – that’s the name that I have decided to call him today.
I had to make a stand for him and Ilona suggested a column, like in ancient Greece or Rome and I had lots of fun from there. Not sure if I’m ultimately happy with it, but it was a lot of fun making it.
Max came from the idea of putting a Roman numarl date on the small plaque which would be MMX for this year, so… Max!
I still need to put a brow on him and maybe an ear or two, depending on how ‘damaged’ he is. Or I may get to pottery next week and remove the plinth altogether. I’ll see how I feel, but it was fun working out how to do this. I used broken glass to make the broken bits on the column, which worked really well.