In class today we finally did our Raku firing. The pieces were made a month or so ago and we glazed them last week.
These are some of the classes pieces just after being removed from the sawdust. Mine is the red and black striped one in the middle.
This is the other piece of mine. I am really happy with how this one has turned out. I used a wax crayon to put three circles around the piece first, then covered it with resist slip followed by white glaze. Before the white glaze completely dried, I scored the surface with fine lines like a six-segmented orange. I am going to rub some beeswax into it next week to polish it.
I will look forward to doing some Raku pieces again next year when I get back to pottery classes at my local ceramics centre.