I have completed all the assessable projects for Printmaking for my course – with 3 weeks to spare. So my teacher said it was time to play – choose some papers or fabrics to print my lino cut onto, and just experiment.
And today, that is what I did. Last week, as well as printing my edition of 5 using the press, I also printed another edition of 3 by handprinting. I am so happy with the handprinting that this week I have done some more – on a whole range of papers.
Coloured papers, textured papers, mulberry, silk – each one has turned out well, each with different characteristics. One even looks as though it is in a snowstorm due to the texture of the paper. I even tried out one in red ink too, although I prefer the black.
I went to the art shop this afternoon on the way home – and bought some more papers. Can’t wait to see how they turn out next week.