Spent some of this morning painting the clear glaze onto the extrusion pieces I built. This was the final project for the year. I had a bit of fun with this one.
The leg casts made me laugh. It was originally going to be a larger piece, that would look a bit like a rag doll. I started building the legs and liked them so much that was all I did. Once I painted them, I realised there was something missing, so I signed the cast, and then got my classmates to sign it as well (thanks Tam! for the suggestion). Now it is a keepsake from my year at college.
The other piece was made using the leftover pieces of extruded clay and will end up in the garden with some herbs planted in it. I have called it Leftovers as it was made from the last pieces of extruded clay. 🙂 I think my garden is going to end up with a few pieces of sculpture (former pottery pieces) once I bring them home.