Decided to do some more work on the acrylic crabapples today. It was fun as I had company at my local art & craft group.
Then I decided to try and get some of the red onto the crabapples. This didn’t work out as I had hoped. I can see too much of the strokes from the gesso showing through. I didn’t use enough paint to cover the apples so will do them again next time. It will be trial and error as I know we didn’t really cover a lot of acrylic techniques last year, but luckily I can paint over anything that doesn’t work.
At least I have grounded the fruit on the table surface well – they are not floating in space!
A few more washes in the background should get that to the way I want it to look. And I just need to play a bit more with the colour of the fruit. The light yellow here is not quite right. Will work on that.
But it is progress and that is what’s important.