Okay, so I did find time today to make another owl. Just finished it.
I have made a couple of minor modifications to the pattern, mostly the wings at this stage. I love that she looks a little flustered with her wings raised. I added an extra round of single crochet (or double here in Oz) and then stitched two lines up the wings to give it a look of feathers (or the nearest facsimile I could create with my messy hand sewing). The body is all the magenta colour on the back. I like the look of the solid colour and instead of stitching the body together I crocheted it together with single crochet, which gives it a different look. I’m sure there will be more changes as I work on more of these.
She is made in some Peaches & Creme worsted weight cotton that I had in my stash. Not too many colours of that left, as it is now unavailable, so I’m having fun using it all up.
My daughter has laid claim to this one, and to the next 5 I make! I have to make different size ones too so she can have a family of them. She doesn’t ask for much does she! I’m going to become known as the crazy owl lady if I’m not careful.
Don’t worry, there’ll be more art on here soon not just my crazy crafty addictions.
PS. Murgatroyd is my 600th post to my blog. I can’t believe I have been creating enough to put up that many posts!