Class again this week and it was fun. Mostly because I learnt how to bind a journal together using coptic stitch (I think that’s right).
The stitch looks great and was quite easy to learn. I want to try this and make a few other journals in different sizes.
I also fixed the front and back cover to reduce the amount of paint on them so they look more distressed than badly painted!
Once I finished binding it was onto the next exercise, but first, to finish up the colour palette page for the wax pastels
The new exercise this week was to use Aqua colour markers. Tania brought in a small plate and some fresh strawberries and I was to draw with the markers straight onto the page, no sketching first.
It sort of looks like a plate of strawberries. Not my favourite medium, but I can’t rule them out until I’ve tried them some more.
And in a side note, I have seen this fantastic photo of a dog that I want to draw with pastels. Haven’t felt inspired for a while so hopefully I can get some time to work on that.